01 September, 2011

September challenge Kraft it Up - fabric and stitching, oh my!!!

The new challenge at Kraft It Up is ready and waiting for you. All you need is a bit of fabric and some thread for stitching, by hand if you like (or machine like I did).


I loved making some little yo-yo flowers for this page - I remember the first time I made one it took about an hour. Now it's a minute - so simple. Tutorials galore on You-Tube (leave a comment if you'd like instructions).

Stitching, felt, buttons, trim, a wonky home-made fabric button, LOL!


I adore this vintage line from October Afternoon, the little girl with the plaid skirt - so sweet!


I used stitching in the corners to make it look more like a frame, with a little ripped vintage music paper. Heaps of that stuff at the op shops.Oh and some paint splatters!


Journalling says:
"..and I shake my LITTLE TUSH on the catwalk" (remember that 80's song, I'm too Sexy??!!).

8 comments:

Helene Bogren said...

Oh, I love this layout! It’s SO gorgeous! I love the paint, and the way you made the frame is such a brilliant idea!

Unknown said...

gorgeous layout
THanks, I know have the song in my head :)

sandi said...

Wow! I absolutely love this Debbie! The paint, flowers, felt, vintage girl and sewing all look fab! What a sweet pic too! Awesome!

karenw said...

I love that frame! Such a cool Lo - must go get some fabric from my stash to come and play.

and I too now have that song in my head...xx

Heather Jacob said...

wow Debbie this is awesome .. when I saw it I fell in love with the design and the entire page ... I adore stitching and fabric and I always include it in every piece of my work .... soooooooooo I was "gonna" do this challenge for sure ... thanks for your lovely words on my blog ... hugz x
another Adelaide girl I see..me too.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh wow, how cute is this, I can't help but scrolling up and down to look at every single detail!!!

phinner said...

beautiful piece!!!

and more inspiration!!! I'm gonna put your link in my blog reader!!!

thanks for stopping by my blog! : .)

Pretty Arty said...

this is so original!! love this!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...