09 July, 2012

Stuck?! challenge page

Here is the sketch challenge ....


And here is my page for the Stuck?! Challenge this month..... loving the circles!

A small error in the title - ahem - it should read Tasmin at 4. It was taken last birthday, LOL! She turns 5 today. I made my page while I was away in Melbourne a few weeks ago with my scrappy pal Sharmaine. We stayed for a long weekend in Melbourne, with the main attraction being a Tim Holtz workshop on Sunday. Naturally we had our photo taken with him...here's our little - blurry - happy snap with the man himself. His PR / marketing guy Mario was very obliging and shot the pic with my camera but didn't manage the auto focus very well, bless his cotton socks. Oh well, Mario, practise makes perfect!



Sharmaine (left), and I and about 60 other happy campers went along to Tim Holtz's Melbourne workshop to make an interesting little canvas project and have a bit of a play with his lovely distress inks and various other mediums.

I did learn a few little tips from doing this class - I always reckon classes are worthwhile when you learn even just one new thing. I loved the way these little stamped butterflies were die cut (from a new machine he's having manufactured) and their wings popped up so you could see the background text peeping through.



We bumped into Belinda Spencer, another Adelaide girl, and some other Charlottes Web teachers she'd travelled to Melbourne with. Such a small world, isn't it? And so so fun to met Facebook and Blogger friend IRL!

I love that we were given cute Ranger aprons as well as a little butterfly stamp from Stamp-It, who sponsored the event. And of course the project we made.

Thanks for stopping by :-))

1 comment:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Great pics and I love the birthday layout!!! Great design! :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...